St Nicholas is following directions given by Public Health England and the Church of England. Let’s follow the advice and directions given on these websites. And how are we approaching this as a church family?
If you are a member of the church family, please continue to pray for this situation. Just a reminder to make use of the PrayerMate app where you will find our church prayer diary, and many other prayer feeds. (Do ask if you need help with this.)
One of the key ways of thriving spiritually at the present time is simply to keep up our basic pattern of reading the Bible and praying day by day. On PrayerMate, you can also find helpful Bible reading notes and other Bible study aids. Here is the link to the app for the Explore Bible reading notes, which we particularly recommend https://www.thegoodbook.co.uk/explore-app
To remind church family members – we have some practical principles we are operating with:
- Keep it simple. We may add layers of sophistication as time goes on, but we want to make sure we are doing the most important things first.
- Support each other/others – especially the most vulnerable. This is the most important thing. We want to leave enough space in the system to make sure that we have the capacity to do this.
- "Cut each other slack". It is a strange time! We will need extra special patience with one another. Let’s pray for each other in that.
- Trust the Saviour. This is the most important! Remember Psalm 121 from the last time we met at church:
The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
... and, therefore we have:
1. a peace to enjoy
2. a peace to use – freed from worry so that we can serve and love others
3. a peace to pass on. Do pray that God will give you opportunities to share the peace of knowing Him with others. Here are a couple of links: http://three-two-one.org/ and http://twowaystolive.com/